Bath Remodeling Tips
Dreaming and committing are two very different things: which is why at Preferred Kitchen and Bath, we are dedicated to specializing, so you don’t have to. Kitchens and baths are our forte, and we revel in the knowledge that all you need is to give us a call for your dreaming, and we’ll do the scheming.
Generating an action plan is the first step after true commitment: let the high-level thinking fall to the professionals and don’t get bogged down in the details. Squeezing every last ounce from your dream design can be overwhelming, so here are a few touchpoints to consider when addressing your bathroom remodel.
At Preferred Kitchen and Bath, we can transform your bath space with:
- Budget – The key here is to start with a realistic figure and get all of your bases covered. Should you find that you can purchase all of your wants and remain under budget, you might consider upgrading your fixtures. Just remember to also factor in a safety net for any unforeseen expenses.
- Functionality – Spend some time considering how your family makes use of the space each day to determine the desired changes that will reflect both the personal aesthetic and function of your bathroom remodel.
- Storage – Make sure to build in a medicine cabinet and linen closet, if possible. These amenities are nice to have in close proximity as long as they don’t clutter the bathroom and are discreet.
- Flooring – Work with a design firm that includes installation in its pricing. For expert installation done right and on time, this is definitely an area you’ll want to leave to the professionals.
- Lighting – This is a nice area to splurge as you typically cannot put too much lighting in your bathroom. Should you feel the room is too bright, install dimmers on the light switches to resolve the issue inexpensively.
- Ventilation – No one likes a stuffy bathroom, so plan for at least one floor vent and one ceiling exhaust so that your bathroom avoid needless moisture and odors.
- Plumbing – Plumbing tasks should be performed by a licensed professional. Most are also pretty creative when it comes to plumbing solutions so don’t be afraid to pick their brains.
- Measurements – The old adage says, “measure twice, cut once.” This means make sure of your lines before making the cut as many times there’s no going back after the fact. This will also prevent you from running into an issue where your furnishings do not fit the space.
- Design Firm/Contractor – After you know what you want in your bathroom and have a rough idea of how much it costs, then it is time to bring in a design firm to ensure that everything you have planned for can be done and the fun can really begin.
- Troubleshooting – Should the contractors find any hitch in the plan, you can then sit down with him/her and discussion alternate solutions. This will inevitably happen once or twice, but your contractors are experienced professionals, so hopefully they’ve worked through similar tough spots in the past.
Each step contributes to the planning phase, and if followed like the trail of breadcrumbs they are, they can help effectively prepare you for a wonderful bath remodel transformation. In the event that an unforeseen circumstance arises, an experienced company like Preferred Kitchen and Bath can find an acceptable work around, keeping you on target without giving you gray hairs.